HP LaserJet 1020 is one of the models of printers provided by this brand and it is considered very versatile and reliable. This device by HP also works great with the Mac operating system. But the only major requirement is to have the appropriate driver installed for your HP LaserJet 1020 printer. This is when you might need to dial the HP phone number so as to get the correct steps to download the required driver for your printer.
HP has provided suitable drivers for every printer model it has so as to improve the printing and scanning performance. You can also download and install the required drivers for your printer on Mac by following the steps listed below:
1. Turn off and unplug your printer first connected to your system.
2. Go to the official webpage of HP to download the required drivers, for this you need to know the model name and number of your printer so as to get the appropriate driver.
3. Click on the link to download the files on your system and then follow the instructions to install the driver for your LaserJet printer.
4. After you have installed the drivers, restart your device and check if the driver has been properly installed in your system.
5. After verifying that the driver is properly installed, plug in the printer and switch it on.
6. Now connect the printer with your Mac device. Go to the settings of your device using the control panel and go to ‘System Preferences’.
7. Choose ‘Print and Fax’ and press the (+) sign to add the printer and select the HP LaserJet 1020 printer.
If this method doesn’t work for you, follow these steps mentioned below:
1. Turn off and unplug the printer connected to your system.
2. Download and install the latest driver for your HP LaserJet 1020 printer on Mac.
3. Click on the ‘Start’ menu and select ‘Control Panel’ and then go to the printer setup utility.
4. Choose HP LaserJet 1022 126.96.36.1991, download the ‘.dmg’ file and save it in the driver’s folder.
5. Go to the library and delete all the files for HP LaserJet 1020.
6. Again open printer setup utility and delete all the files for HP 1020.
7. Now, run the ‘.dmg’ the file you have downloaded.
8. Then connect the printer to your Mac device and turn it on.
9. Now, go to the system preferences and choose ‘Print and Fax’ option
10. At last, select HP LaserJet 1020 and press the add button.
Make a call at the HP printer customer service number in case you faced any errors or difficulties while installing the driver for your HP LaserJet printer.
Our Recent Blog - http://www.cross.tv/blog/147290